At The Cathedral School of St Peter and St John RC Primary, our purpose is to recognise the worth and dignity of all and to fully develop the talents of each person. Design & Technology enables pupils to experiment, design, make and build... to develop technical skills and craftsmanship to execute practical tasks. It inspires and challenge pupils to think critically, which help us to explore, evaluate and respond to our practical ever changing world. God is the Master Builder and we are made in His image. Design & Technology enables us to use the gifts of problem solving, creativity and imagination, which God has given us, to shape our history and culture.
In conjunction with the aims of the National Curriculum, our Design & Technology teaching offers opportunities for children to:
* To develop human creativity and imagination.
* To communicate pupils’ own feelings and ideas through a range of materials, tools and techniques.
* To engage, inspire and challenge pupils to think critically to gain an understanding of design.
* To give pupils the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own recipes and designs.
* To make, informed judgements, evaluate and solve problems when designing and using materials.
* To explore how Design and Technology has shaped our history and culture